- 70g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 140g unsalted butter
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp favorite sweetener (erithrytol, stevia powder)
The chances you have heard about Fat Bombs if you’re on keto are big. It’s pretty common term thing ‘fat bombs’. Also it’s hard not to notice that coconut is pretty common ingredients and personally I don’t feel like it’s great if you have it too often. Although I prefer to use almond and other keto / low carb flours I use coconut cream for Asian dishes, desserts and coconut flour in moderate amounts in baking and of course shredded coconut for fat bombs, coconut chocolate bars, etc.
Here I’m going to give you some quick instructions on coconut fat bombs – keto truffles. They make perfect snack / dessert. Think they called truffles – correct me if I’m wrong. Anyway enough pointless writing.
Here is how to make Coconut Fat Bombs – Truffles with a cinnamon twist.
Preparation takes around 15 min whereas they ready in 45 minutes as you may want to rest them in the fridge for half an hour or so.
- Bring the butter to room temperature
- Now this is purely optional if you don’t like it to be a bit dry – roast the shredded coconut. Be careful though not to burn it. You can omit this step altogether if you wish. This step however give it a bit nutty flavor in my opinion.
- Mix butter and spices (cinnamon) and shredded coconut, leaving fair bit (little bit less than half) for dusting it later. Sweetener goes now too.
- Mix it together to the paste. Cool it down in the fridge so the butter sets a little. It needs to be firmer
- Make your keto truffles – fat bombs. Form them so they roughly walnut size.
- Final step – cover them in remaining toasted shredded coconut.
- Keep it fridge or freezer. Freezer is good option if you want to have more. This cinamon fat bombs recipe is for roughly 15 portions but if you don’t have demand for such quantities at ones you can freely freeze them