- 500g potatoes
- 450g sauerkraut
- 1 onion, medium
- 1 parsnip
- 1 medium carrot
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp white flour
- 1-2 tbsp salt
- pinch pepper
Old traditional potato and sauerkraut soup also known as ‘Fake Hare’ comes from 1919 cookbook. Rather easy to make.
- Peel half a pot of potatoes, cut them and cook in salted water.
- Having added one onion, peeled and sliced carrot, parsnip or swede.
- Once they are cooked, add 1 pound of sauerkraut, and when the potatoes are soft, add some butter
- Seasone with spring onions and thicken with flour.
- Then bring to boil and serve.