- 50ml Thick Greek Yoghurt
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 tsp chives
- 3 tbsp good mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp italian herbs (or any other)
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
There are times on my keto / low carb diet when I have a tooth for salad. Don’t want to spend too much on it so this is my quick, dirty way of making quick salad thus this is how I make my keto salad dressing.
- In a mixing bowl mix all the ingredients. Use whisk. Feel free to use the substitutes for Italian herbs – it can be tarragon, oregano, dill or even marjoram or basil. So anything you like really.
- While composing the salad throw in some fat cheese cut in cubes, such as feta (or any good Greek style), goat cheese or good cheddar. Then if you like green or black olives, depending which you prefer more.
- Add pinch of pepper and sea salt, Himalayan pink salt or other good quality salt to taste.
If you use dried herbs than you may want to give it a few minutes so the ingredients compose and mix together nicely and your green salad dressing will work nicely.
Depending on your ingredients you may want to dilute it with cooled down boiled water a tiny bit so more than 3 spoons may be needed. Be gentle though.
Do more portions and leave it for any other occasion, other day. Just keep it in the fridge.
What goes into keto salad?
Well, we (as my family and I) found ourselves eating more greens on keto diet than before really.. We used this dressings with any leafy greens, i.e.
- baby leaf salad,
- rocket leaf,
- Romaine lettuce,
- curly leaf lettuce,
- Peking cabbage,
- beetroot leaf and so on.
Also we use moderated amount of green onions – time to time that is.
Additionally we add some diced cooked streaky bacon to it, or some rotisserie chicken. That is quick, healthy and relatively low carb. Also green bell peppers or red peppers (moderate amounts) work well. Extra vegetables you decide to add to your salad may need to be in moderated amounts, such as tomatoes, cucumbers that is if you wish to keep it very low carb or close to keto.
Cheese – mentioned it already but some French brie or feta works miracles on this. You may use goat – personally don’t like it. Some grated Parmegiano Regiano (Parmesan) or any other hard cheese grated on top seems to be good idea. Just experiment a bit. This is why I posted this keto dressing recipe as people tend to exaggerate and overcomplicate it. Enjoy!
Ah, you may want to check my Cowboy Sauce too. It is a result of experimenting with food as well. Enjoy!