- 4 salmon steak fillets
- 1 knob butter
- 3-4 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- pinch sea salt, real rock salt or himalayan
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1-2 lemon
- SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 150ml source cream
- 2 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- pinch sea salt
Nothing fancy today folks! Just old good sweedish ‘style’ baked salmon.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C for fan ovens, gas mark 6.
- Prepare oven proof baking dish, lay down some parchment paper.
- Place lemon slices on the paper, then put the salmon steaks (side) on top. Make sure the salmon is placed skin down.
- Add little bits of butter or ghee on top of the fish, sprinkling with little bit of dill
- Bake for around 20 minutes.
Now while the salmon is baking you can prepare the sour cream and dill sauce. Mix all the dill and cream sauce ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For the keto version if you don’t mind the regular cream you can add double cream. In my case this has less carbs than the thick double. If using the double (fat) cream you can squeeze in some extra lemon juice (half lemon, don’t go overboard though). Only slightly more than recipe ingredients calls 🙂
Once your ‘Sweedish’ style salmon is baked serve it with sauce (pour on top or on side). It will be super tasty with some avocado, garnish salad or cauliflower cheese mash for full size dinner. Sour pickles (cucumbers) work great to.