Keto Meatballs Ingredients
- 450g pork shoulder
- 200g beef, minced
- 200g veal, minced
- 80g anchovis
- 10g psyllium husk (optional) or breadcrumbs (for non keto)
- 30g grated mozarella cheese
- 1 onion
- 150ml double cream
- few capers, salted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lemon
- 100g zuccini, grated
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1l beef stock, or chicken stock
- 50g butter
Simple yet delicious ‘Royal’ keto meatballs. For non keto you may replace psyllium husk with breadcrumbs (or old water softened bread). Ingredients list with this one is quite a bit. However we don’t want to make just an ordinary meatballs, right? Therefore the mixture of meats alongside. You will need a bit of psyllium husk powder and perhaps 1/2 tsp of the xantham gam for thickener and meat bonder.
Despite the long list of ingredients the recipe for ‘Royal’ meatballs is rather pretty straightforward and easy one. So lets get to it.
The method of preparation.
- Separate whites from eggs. Bitten whites. Put the yolks aside for later
- Peal and grate 200g zucchini. Squeeze out the excess of water.
- Mix all the ingredients ( apart from the yolks) well. Mozzarella cheese works as an extra bounder for mixture. Feel free to add more if yours is not that great connected. I also used little bit of psyllium husk, if you don’t have it it should be fine to use egg for bounding. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime bring the stock to the boil
- Form the meat balls. I tried to make them around 100g each for easier macro calculation later.
- Put the meatballs gently to the stock and boil for around 15-20 minutes (until cooked really).
- Take out your ketogenic ‘royal’ meatballs and put them aside, cover to keep it warm
- Add the cream to the boiled stock, xantham or agar agar for thickening the sauce can work well.
- Take the sauce off the heat and carefully mix with yolks (use fork before) and try to do it gradually. You may wait a few seconds so it wont cook the eggs. Mix it together, it should make the texture smoother and creamier.
- Serve meatballs with cauliflower mash or anything really, pour the sauce over.
If you want to go extra mile you may want to transfer all the meatballs into ovenproof dish, sprinkle with some more grated mozarella and bit of ‘Parmigiano-Reggiano’ cheese for extra flavour and bake for few minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Royal Keto Meatballs baked in the oven (or grilled) – haha.