Cowboy Butter Sauce Ingredients
- 250g Butter
- 1 shallot, small
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 sprigs chives
- 1 tsp red sweet paprika powder
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or rosemary)
- 1/4 tsp black ground pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh flat parsely, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
This Keto Cowboy Butter Sauce will be an excellent complement for red meat dishes such as all types of steaks. For sure it works well with grilled fish dishes to enhancing the flavours. Actually Cowboy butter sauce tastes great with all grilled meat really so feel free to make it and enjoy. Quick and super easy keto butter dipping sauce. It’s so easy that I don’t think it really calls for recipe but hey just in case you needed it I’ll throw it here how I make it. You’ll thank me later.
- Finely chop chives, shallot onions
- In the saucepan (or microwave) slowly melt butter. I figure that it works better if you wont overheat it and almost all the butter is melted. Turn down the heat when it’s almost melted
- Add the horseradish, chives, spices and herbs. Mix well and your Keto Cowboy Butter sauce is ready. If later the sauce starts solidifying again you can melt it again.
Here are few tips though:
- Keto Low Carb Herring Fillet Salad Recipe
- Preferably use horseradish (not the sauce) but horseradish cream works well too. Personally I prefer not to use cause it adds unnecessary ingredients to the macros, sometimes less natural etc. But it’s not a big deal as like I said horseradish creamy sauce works well.
- Dijon mustard – adjust that according to your flavour.
- Thyme or rosemary I interchangeable. Normally I use thyme. To make it easier I wrote dried but of course you will get more flavour from fresh herbs. So you get the idea
- Chilli peppers are also options
Just so you know I’ve tested this superb cowboy butter sauce on many occasions and with keto meals based either beef, grilled fish (ate it with plaice fish ), pork or even chicken thighs in moroccan style spices. I tell you it’s delicious. BTW it’s the perfect and ‘dirty’ way of adding fats to more lean meat dishes so perfect for lazy days on keto.