- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes beef stock (alternatively 4 tsp granules beef stock)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp flour (optional) to regulate thickness
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
Therefore I’ve decided to share my very easy Au Jus gravy recipe. For lazy folks – you can easily buy the Au Jus Gravy mix in sachets in the shop or online.
- Place 3 cups water on the stove and bring it to boil.
- Slowly add beef bullion whisking simultaneously to make sure there are no bits and the liquid is smooth.
- Next add the remaining ingredients such as soy sauce, 1/4 of garlic powder and pinch of salt and pepper to taste and whisk it well.
- Optionally you may add a little bit of flour to thicken the gravy. Make sure you whisk it with a little bit of cold water prior to adding to the sauce and add then the floury mixture to the sauce, this way you will avoid lumps and your Au Jus will have better consistency. Keep in mind that adding more flour may dilute the flavor so make sure not to overdose.
Voila! You have just prepared home made Au Jus gravy sauce.