Everyone loves pancakes, right? In case some of you don't know this uber easy and tasty dish dutch baby is a oven-baked version of pancakes, crepe-like dish. The best dutch baby comes the one made in the skillet when the puff climbs up the sides of the skillet.
The dish sometimes is called German Baby / Bismarck Pancake / Dutch Puff Only name changes, but dish remains equally delicious.
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F (gas mark 7 – hot). Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, flour, and salt for 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from the oven. Next add butter to skillet and let it melt. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake until puffy and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Garnish with icing sugar sugar – I prefer it that way :).
- Serve immediately while still hot.