Looking for quick chicke recipe? Here we go - here is another extremely easy to prepare chicken thighs dish. And I assure you this beer-braise chicken recipe is very delicious. Very versatile option for preparing chicken on budget and within limited time, as the dish pretty much involves browning chicken and cooking it with the rest of chopped ingredients for around an hour.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 large onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 can green peas
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 bottles lager beer
- Peel and chopped the onions to julienne. Set aside.
- In a large trying pan with a lid or in a large pan, heat up the oil.
- Once it’s hot, brown the chicken thighs for 3-4 minutes on each side. I tend to remove excess of fat if there is too much fat on the chicken thighs. This is totally optional though as the fat will be reduced and will add more rich flavor later on to the dish.
- Next it’s time to add remaining ingredients, that is sliced onions, peas and carrots
- Season everything with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then pour in the beer and cover with a lid.
- Cook at a medium heat for an around one 50-60 mins.
- Now you can turn the heat off and let it simmer on the residual heat.
Chicken in beer tastes the best with mash potato with roasted vegetables or mixed lettuce salad if you prefer lighter option.