Dutch Baby Ingredients
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted soften butter
- 2 tbsp icing sugar for garnish
The dish sometimes is called German Baby / Bismarck Pancake / Dutch Puff Only name changes, but dish remains equally delicious.
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F (gas mark 7 – hot). Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in oven to preheat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, flour, and salt for 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from the oven. Next add butter to skillet and let it melt. Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake until puffy and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Garnish with icing sugar sugar – I prefer it that way :).
- Serve immediately while still hot.